WOW!! DISGUSTING!!

brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
While my pool is crystal clear due to BBB my filter wasn't. After 3 weeks in the new house decided to tackle the filter. Really didn't appear to be too dirty at first but oh my how much slime had built up between the pleats. Literally spent an hour on the first filter between every pleat and decided I wasn't up to a 4 hour cleaning. Spent probably a total of 2 hours on the rest and pressure dropped 8 psi. Decided my next cleaning will require new filters. They are just too dirty for my liking and if I start with new clean filters I should be able to keep them cleaner than the previous owner.

You could do an overnight soak and see how that improves things before going all the way to new cartridges. Rinse, soak overnight in a mixture of one cup of automatic dish washing detergent for every five gallons of water, rinse again, and put the filter back together. That usually does wonders for a neglected filter.

Thanks Jason. Depending on how long it takes the pressure to rise I may do this. If it holds me off for 3 -4 mos I may just buy new filters and start over. I want to replace a couple parts on the filter anyway so I may be spending a couple hundred anyway. Saving on filters could help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.