Aug 5, 2010
Livonia, MI
My pool specs are in signature...

Test readings today:

Cl/Br: 1/2
pH: 7.2
T/A: 80
CYA: 50
CH: 0 (water did not turn red at all after 20 drops of R-0010, so I'm assuming no calcium is present)

Pool calculator suggests adding 84 oz 10% chlorine, 67 oz of borax, 108 oz baking soda, and 885 oz calcium chloride.

The pool water had looked like small particulate matter was suspended when you dove underneath a few days ago, but because my pool liner is such a deep blue, it was hard to discern any change in color. I kept my chlorine levels up (they were at least 4 as of last night), but last night the water definitely looked more cloudy and greenish. We have been brushing/vacuuming the pool regularly and backwashed today to bring the pressure under 12 again (it was just over 15).

What advice would y'all give me? I'd like your opinions before I add any of TPC's suggested chemicals to the pool. Should I be worried about algae? Thank you!

Since you have a chlorine pool, ignore the Br side of the scale.

You have algae and need to shock. Follow instructions in Pool School.

Your pH is just fine at 7.2 and there is no need to adjust.

Forget about CH in a vinyl pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.