Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP now up to 53% of the posts on the old forum

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP now up to 53% of the posts on the old forum

I just wanted to congratulate SeanB for a great job here at TFP. Like many of you, I started out at Pool Forum and I learned a lot over there.

I still read both forums, and I happened to note that TFP is up to 27,895 posts whereas Pool Forum has 52,108 posts. So TFP now has 53.4% of the posts that Pool Forum does, and this just since March of this year (not even 8 months yet)!

TFP has 3344 threads whereas Pool Forum has 7704 threads, so TFP is only 43.4% of the number of threads on Pool Forum. So TFP seems to have more posts per thread than Pool Forum.

TFP has 2303 members, whereas Pool Forum has 8448 members, so TFP has only 27.3% of the number of members that Pool Forum does. So TFP is getting a great number of posts and threads with fewer members.

If this trend continues, TFP should surpass Pool Forum in the number of posts and threads sometime in the summer of 2008.

Again, great job SeanB.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Thanks!

Interesting numbers, although not neccesarily an apples to apples comparison since PF has been closed to new registrations for about a year now. Regardless, the growth here has been staggering and no one has been more amazed than me.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

SeanB,

Interesting numbers, although not neccesarily an apples to apples comparison since PF has been closed to new registrations for about a year now.
    True enough. Although if PF hadn't been closed to new members you wouldn't have had to start TFP in the first place.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Just curious......where did you find the info about the numbers On the home page of PF it shows over 20,000 members.

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I found the 8448 number for Pool Forum membership by clicking on the "membership" tab. Somewhere on that page it says "showing results 1 to 30 of 8448".

I never noticed the membership number at the bottom of the home page. That also would have been a lot easier to use the number of threads and posts also shown there instead of adding them up individually like I did.

I wonder where the discrepancy in membership numbers comes from? And I wonder which number is correct?

Titanium

6. Back To Top    #6
    I think they had some sort of server crash a few years ago - may have had to start over. Maybe the 20k is the number including members from before the crash.

Either figure is admirable and I look forward to the day when we reach 8k members. 8)
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7
    also, don't forget that PF was pretty 'down to business' and 'pool stuff only', whereas we have the backyard oasis and coffee bar for non-pool stuff, plus quite a few frivolous posts from certain mermaids
    Still, we have had impressive growth and participation!

I think the discrepancy between the membership numbers on PF might be something about 'active' members, though I am not sure what constitutes an active member... maybe the difference is either folks who registered and never posted, or registered but never authenticated the membership or something like that...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

8. Back To Top    #8
    ...Although if PF hadn't been closed to new members you wouldn't have had to start TFP in the first place.
    I'm a member at PF, but ever since Comcast took over TWC in Houston, I can't get to it or PS anymore, at least from home.

I like it here better, anyway.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]