Easiest / best method to getting sand level on AGP bottom?

About to construct my 18 x 36 x 52 Aqua Leader Allegro this weekend and am wondering if there are any 'tricks' to leveling your pool bottom with sand...especially in an oval pool.

I thought about running 2 lengths of 2" pvc parallel to each other down the length of the pool to get it overall level, then pull them out and fill in the voids, then deal with the end radius'. Used this trick when doing a brick patio and it worked well, but think their may be easier ways. I also thought about making marks where the cove needs to be and where the sand bottom needs to be around the whole inside of the pool. This would be real accurate b/c the pool should be very level since i'm having someone come with a special patented machine and laser level to do this process.

So, any tricks? :?:

Re: Easiest / best method to getting sand level on AGP botto

When we still had the sand bottom in our pool, we used 2x4s and pulled them from end to end - frankly it's not the INSIDE of the pool bottom that matters so much for level - just be sure it's not bumpy/cratered. The part that needs to be level is the part the bottom rail/uprights stand on - THAT must be level within less than 1" from side to side, front to back, upright to upright.

We got rid of the sand and sand coves with the last liner change and went with the Gorilla pad and foam cove on our bottom - the pool is slightly dished at one end so you can see that level inside isn't as important as the walls/uprights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.