Swamp again

May 24, 2011
Almost had my pool clear and now it is dark green again. We had to go out of town for 2 days so I missed one day of testing. We came home and the pool was slightly green. I brought it up to shock level that evening and have been maintaining shock levels for 3 days now and it only seems to be getting worse. Out of frustration I did dump a bottle of algicide in a couple of days ago. Could this have made things worse? The green did seem to get much worse after that. We have had some storms and now the temps are around 70 degrees outside. All last summer I battled algea and foresee this summer being the same. I did change out the sand last August. I saw much faster results a couple of weeks ago when I first started on the pool. This is so aggravating!
Thanks for any advice.
FC-15
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA-180
CYA 30

How often are you checking the chlorine? It can drop pretty quickly, even in an hour or so. If you are seeing it drop much between tests, you may need to check it more often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.