Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small waterfall features - extra pump needed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Small waterfall features - extra pump needed?

I am thinking of having my PB install an extra line for a future pool feature similar to the one below. Can this line be plumbed into the source for the normal returns, or does it need a dedicated booster pump? Can I use the booster pump for the vacuum system?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

2. Back To Top    #2
    It probably doesn't need a separate booster but you want to make sure you have a separate line back to the pad with a valve so that you can control the flow between the returns and feature.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Mark, thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that I will also have four deck jets. My pump will be 1.5hp, so I am hoping I have enough ooomph for everything: 1 skimmer and 2 pool returns.
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

4. Back To Top    #4

Make sure you add a valve on the return to the deck jets from the pump. We had just a 3/4 pump on our 4 deck jets and they were shooting over 50 feet in the air. We had to add a valve to restrict some flow. Now we have the ability to adjust the pressure a get different levels with the deck jest.
    25,000 Gal chlorinated rubber painted pool. 175sf Hayward cartridge filter. 1 1/2 hp AO Smith pump.