Reinstall AquaTrol, or go old-school chlorine...?

Debating on re-installing my AquaTrol unit on my new pool (18x36 Aqua Leader Allegro, 17300 gal) or going old school chlorine. Here's why: I knew nothing about pools, bought a 21ft Cornelius, installed the AquaTrol off the bat, and never imagined pool maintenance would be so easy. UNTIL one day, I noticed blistering in several places on thru wall fitting panel...then rusty water trickles coming from them.....long story short, 1/2 the upper diameter of my pool wall was getting salt water leakage and it began rusting from the inside out. SUCKED!!! Tore it down, and purchased this Aqua Leader and am debating on SWG or standard chlorine. Another drawback of the SWG was the deck screws started to corrode...really bad, and really quick. And yes, these were deck screws, not stainless, which would have remedied that problem. SS ain't cheap though!!!

What are the odds of that happening again? Is that just a fluke occurrence, or common? I really think it had been leaking thru the wall fitting when the pump was on....injected a little pressure of salt water along the upper wall, but not enough to notice water on the outside grass area. The pool was used when I bought it and when I put it up, I did not install new gaskets....I reused the old (I know, very stupid...lesson learned!) I suppose what I want to hear is people who have used SWGs for years without any rusting issues. Anyone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.