aqua rite TC-15 no cell power, hi salt/amp error codes

Jun 10, 2011
I just replaced my old aqua rite TC 15 SWG, and it worked for about 3 seconds before it shut off and I got a 'hi salt/amp" reading, followed by a no cell power reading. Took a water sample to pool store and got 1900ppm. Panel board says salt level 2400. Checked configuration menu and is correctly set for TC 15 cell, 65% pool, 15% spa. The old cell was reading only no cell power when i replaced it, as I thought this was the culprit. Have been reading that the Goldline mother panels are not the most reliable. Took cover off panel and all looks kosher. Any thoughts on diagnosing the problem?

30,000 gal IG plaster
goldline SWG
Hayward DE 6020 filter

"I just replaced my old aqua rite TC 15 SWG, and it worked for about 3 seconds"
Why was the original cell replaced? Did it have the same error message? If yes, then the problem is with the controller and not the cell.

Although it sounds like your salt level is not too high (I think max recommended is 3400 ppm) I would get some salt test strips (I ordered mine through Amazon) and confirm the level.

Here are a few other things to check:
* Do you have good flow through the cell?
* What does you pressure gauge read?
* Have you let the pump/cell run for a few minutes before taking reading?
* Can you post a photo of your pump/cell/valve configuration so we can take a look?

Indeed the same error was showing with the original cell. Luckily the vendor who sold me the replacement will take it back. Flow is good, pressure is 25. I did let the pump run for a while and rechecked to no avail. I checked the configuration settings to confirm it was correct for the cell I have. I will try to post a picture later. At this point I am prepared to call a tech to come look at the panel, since at first glance there are no visual abnormalities. I replaced the fuses for good measure although they looked ok, but still the same reading, either no cell power or hi salt/amps.
any further suggestions greatly appreciated. My system is over 3 years old and past the warranty.

I had a simular problem a couple months ago. The previous installer wired the control panel direct to a beaker and the board only lasted 2 years and started with those same type of errors.

Most likely the motherboard is your problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.