How serious are hairline cracks?

May 31, 2011
So now that I've got the pool water clear, I'm noticing a lot of hair line cracks particularly in the low end. One runs quite long (3 or 4 feet in a lightning design across the bottom). I just got this house a couple weeks ago and it was a swamp then so I didn't really notice the cracks then. How urgent is it that I fix these and do I need to empty the pool? Who would I call to fix them too? A pool service center or pool builders or something?

Sorry, never had a pool before, this one was a mess, was told nothing about it other than "it worked" and I'm having a hard time getting it nice and Im beginning to see what a huge money pit this is. I mean, if I can get all the problems out, I don't mind the pool work or the extra expense. It's just that every thing seems to lead to a new problem and it's frustrating. The pool doesn't seem to be leaking water... there is a lot of dirt I'm till trying to get out I haven't figured out if any is coming from the cracks or if it's just the dirt keeps settling back down (I need to get a real vacuum... stupid hose vacuum does not work for the dirt so I've been trying to kick it around into the drain... but I'm getting off topic)

Hi, unless you notice you are losing a lot of water the hairline cracks should not be a problem. What material is the pool made of (plaster, liner, fiberglass, ect)?

As for clearing the dirt, are you using a vacuum attached to a water hose? If so then yes, you need a better vacuum! If you post a current set of test numbers we can help you figure out what is happening. After you completed the shock process did you pass the overnight test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.