Heater not kicking on

tdean

Jun 2, 2010
My propane company lit the pilot light and the heater won't start. They said the millivolts are fine, the thermostat won't close and gas volve will not open for main burners and I need a new thermostat. Someone mentioned that there may not be enough pressure from the filter. How do I know how much pressure I need and how do I check it? Anything I should check before paying $300 to have it fixed? Thanks for any help in advance.

I found that my heater will work with the pump on low, I also found that if there is a layer of leaves in the skimmer it cuts the pressure enough to shut the heater off. I've never seen the heater kick off with the pump on high.

Unfortunately I have no way to gauge how much pressure low is vs high. I estimated high to be 90GPM and low to be 12GPM, I came up with that last year and now I don't even recall where that guesstimate came from. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.