Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESC 150-175 BTU Pilot won't light...

Jun 6, 2011
I have a Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESC heater. My pilot light will not light. Took everything apart cleaned it out and still nothing. Then replaced ignition control box - still nothing. :cry: I am getting a spark, the transformer is giving 28 V, the PV line is giving 28V, checked fusible link, pressure switch, etc. Everything seems okay. Starting to think it is the gas valve - I never smell gas.

There are three wires going into the gas valve - does anyone know what the voltage should be on the MV line? I don't have any voltage coming off that one??

Any and all help would be appreciated! :mrgreen:

Re: Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESC 150-175 BTU Pilot won't ligh

Remove the tube that goes down to the pilot from the gas valve. Turn on the heater. Do you hear gas coming out when you do this?

If yes, its the pilot. If no it's the valve.

Re: Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESC 150-175 BTU Pilot won't ligh

Just wanted to update...Replaced the gas valve and it started right up. Working better than ever. Last summer it would start and stop over and over. Now comes on when prompted and stays on! Thanks for the help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.