Well water for pool?

CaraR

May 23, 2011
I tried to search for this but the words are too common and I didn't get great results so sorry for asking a question I'm sure has been asked a 1,000. ;-)
We are having a designated well dug for our irrigation system. The previous owner spent about $500 a month in water bills to keep the grass green and that's just silly. I thought it might be a good idea to have access to a spigot we can attach a hose to for the pool so we don't have to pay for water to do major fills if we ever have to.
Is this not a good idea because of mineral content?

itdmanb2b called it. Testing is the only way to really know what is in there. But is usually better to fill the pool from a municipal water supply, rather than to use a well. For one, pulling that much water from a well can put a bit of a strain on it. Secondly, well water, as you alluded to, does have the mineral problem. Of course, municipal water can have high TA levels and high calcium levels too, but it is almost always preferable to what you can pull from a well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.