I am getting little pocket of dirt or sand at bottom of pool

rcg74

Apr 29, 2010
I have 18 ft round, water always clear, also use polaris for small debris and leaves. When I run filter only, I am getting little pocket of dirt or sand at bottom of pool. I have a sand filter, and backwash monthly. The pool will be 3 yrs old this year. Any suggestions as to what might cause this

Re: I am getting little pocket of dirt or sand at bottom of

It is common for dirt to collect in the floors of vinyl liner pools. Even the best prepped floor will have small indentions develop over time, and those will collect fine particles of dirt and pollen that drop out of suspension, even with the best pump and filter running 24/7.

The wind blows dust into the pool, leaves drop dust and pollen into the pool, and when we humans get in to swim, we usually have some dirt at least on the bottom of our feet that we drag in with us as well. This is normal and nothing to stress about.

I even have a little spot in my inground pool that is a sort of "dead-zone" where dust collects. I just brush it out when I think about it.

Thanks for your input. It is just frustrating, because the water is so clear when the polaris is running, or when filter is off. Once filter is turned on, all these small pockets of dust develope. But as you said, a quick brushing of bottom and it is clear. Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.