New Midnight Blue Finish with white patches

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi guys,

Got a new midnight blue finish with white patches appearing more and more every week. Diamond brite was mixed with city water which is not that all great but pool was filled with drinking water trucked in.

Info: around 5,000 gal pool
FC: 1.25
CC: 0
pH: I think if I remember it was 7.6 or 7.8
TA: 50
CH: 80
CYA: 50

I'm thinking the CH is being sucked out of the new plaster into the water. Maybe settling on the new finish? not really sure why we are getting the white patches now after the finish has been in week or so. seems to be getting worst. can this be reversed with proper water balance?

also need to add CalHypo can I add via skimmer? in small amounts of 1lb at a time? can't get CH on the island but can get CalHypo so thought I'd try using it but dont want stains or any problems.

Thanks for any help!

still would like to know best way of adding calhypo...we cant get ch here in the islands but can get calhypo and that provides a lot of ch. thinking of mixing with water and pouring down the skimmer..

any thoughts?

Thanks! :cheers:

just dumped 4 lbs of calhypo in the skimmer tonight. I need 17lbs to get CH to 250ppm,,,filter started leaking but that probably cause it needed backwashing or cleaning..plus inert indgredient of calhypo would clog as well..

will backwash monday...

sorry you didn't get a response - we recommend predissolving the cal-hypo in a bucket of water and pouring in front of the return. obviously take precautions when doing so. You can also broadcast it over the surface and then brush - on plaster it's not as much of an issue for it to dissolve there as it would be for vinyl which could cause fading...

frustratedpoolmom said:
sorry you didn't get a response - we recommend predissolving the cal-hypo in a bucket of water and pouring in front of the return. obviously take precautions when doing so. You can also broadcast it over the surface and then brush - on plaster it's not as much of an issue for it to dissolve there as it would be for vinyl which could cause fading...

Thanks for the reply. I just poured it into the skimmer. Building up CH over the week. Will balance pool and hopefully the white patches will disappear..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.