How many gallons?? days?? PICTURES ADDED

Haven't gotten to 0 CC yet or had the FC to hold at 15 overnight.
CC is still at 3
FC varies by morning - today was 12.

I do see that my ph is creeping up again so adding MA again today.

Today is the one week mark.

I know that water temp effects the conversion-
does that mean higher temp or lower goes faster??

Every day I do notice it looking even better.

I'll post more pictures soon- we finish fall baseball season tonight so will be less busy :roll:

Hey Ya'll~

I am sitting at 1 CC and I am usually at 13 or 14 FC every morning. :cry:

Do I need to change my DE grids now to get rid of the last amount of CC?

I am actually running out of solutions and just ordered some more. We have had some awesome weather so I think it is
pretty warm. I am itching to be done with this, any more advice?

Water looks better than it ever has before. My husband is thrilled about how great it looks- but not so when I send him out to buy me a couple of dozen bleach bottles. I did try to keep track for anyone that will be doing the conversion, but I think I lost track now. I usually use 96oz. bottles and we have used about 80? or so? Maybe more. might be about 100.

I will try to load up some new picture soon. I can't believe that it could look even better but it does. :super:
I don't know how you loaded my slideshow on, but that is so cool. Thanks :-D
Thanks everyone.

Blessed :-D

Some people have this final stage last for a while, for others it passes in a day or less. Basically there is some baquacil goo that has accumulated in the pumbing and because it has "jelled" only a little of it (the surface layer) can be accessed by the chlorine at one time.

Ok--

This morning I was at FC 15 and the CC cleared in one drop- is it suppose to stay clear when adding the R 0003 solution? Can I safely assume that it is gone? I will be checking it again in a couple of hours. Today is 2 weeks. I would love to cover it up tomorrow morning.

I am getting the polyquat today.

I also have a few stains. My liner looks a little white near the return valve. Did I pour the bleach into my skimmer too fast? Is it going to compromise the integrity of my liner? Those other stains that are kind of a rust/pink look? Should I just deal with them in the spring?

It is exhausting but I am glad I did it. Yes- it is kind of like that labor and delivery thing (except I am so glad that that didn't take 2 weeeks :lol: )

I reordered the regeants from www.poolcenter.com. There is not a $15. limit there. Just in case anyone needs some replacements. They are in Virginia- so for me it was closer (came in 1 day- I didn't pay for overnight delivery either). Also the R 8071 comes in a 2oz. bottle and is only about $10.
I do appreciate the TF 100 test kit- it was sooo helpful. Thanks Dave.

Thank everyone :-D :-D :-D :-D

Great! It sounds like you are done. One drop to clear the CC is nothing to worry about. If the bleach didn't get dilutted enough in one area it could cause some reduction in the life of the liner, but if you are only seeing a small area with a small color change it is probably not significant. I would leave the stains to worry about in the fall.

Yeah, the fifteen dollar min is troublesome to some people. I didn't like doing that but there is a point where the transaction is not worth doing. Many merchants make up for it by adding on to shipping costs..

Poolcenter cost on the R-0871-2 was $10.84 + $8.55 shipping (UPS Ground) for a total of $19.39. My cost is higher on the R-0871 ($13.80) plus $4.60 USPS Priority Shipping for a total of $18.40. You would still have needed to order something additional (like R-0013) to get to $15.00 but the shipping would've remained the same @ $4.60.

So, assuming you had ordered the R-0871 and R-0013 from me your total landed cost would've been $25.90. If you had ordered the same thing from poolcenter, your cost would've been $27.91.

USPS Priority shipping is generally two-three days all over the country (overnite to you in Virginia) where UPS ground (poolcenter's shipping method) can be up to 7 days to the West Coast.

Overall, I think I offer a better value for test kit refills but the fiteen dollar minimum is an occaissional stumbling block which I understand.

I am happy with the test kit, Dave.

I am sorry if you think otherwise.

It is a great kit. I couldn't have done the conversion w/o it. I reccommend it to everyone.

I posted the link because they do have a good price for replacements and it was a good buying experience. Shipping was higher than $4.60. I think 7.60. But I got double the amount of R 0871. I don't live in Viginia- a few states away- it came quick because they mailed it out right away. (ground UPS -same as yours)

I read lots and lots on these boards before I did my conversion. I am sure others do as well. If I can help someone else with my experience, that is the point.

Dave's example was for the 2 oz also. He sells both 1oz. and 2oz. I guess it's kind of 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. You can have a minimum order, or pay extra for shipping. I guess it just depends on your preference. I hate inflated shipping charges. I almost never use eBay anymore for that reason. There are so many people selling items there for pennies on the dollar and them making big profits on shipping. I just don't like that business model...not to say that poolcenter is doing that. Their shipping is only slightly inflated.

Also, Dave contributes a lot of his time on this site answering questions and helping members, whether they are customers or not. For that reason, I prefer to help support his business.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.