Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so excited!

Re: Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so exci

Monday Aug 1, 2011

Screen peeps showed up today at 8 am to start the screen install. They said its gonna take about a week to do. Really??? A week? Hope the rain holds out.

no-mas said:
A week? You're right - they're exaggerating - more likely will take about 2.5 days. Really.
Second that :goodjob:

Wed Aug 8, 2011
They put the screen roof up today and part of the sides.. They said they are going to start cleaning up around the pool and doing the excavation work around the pool on Sat and then on Tuesday they will coat the inside of the pool and hopefully fill it with water by next Friday... arggg.. I want to swim so bad.. this is Florida after all.. I am melting! :whip:

Another thing to consider if it's not too late: you may want to have a bunch of umbrella sleeves installed in the deck, so you can move umbrellas around to shade certain places at certain times of day.

Yep... I had four umbrella sleeves installed.

Sunday Aug 7, 2011
Today the mosaic people showed up to install the mosaics that I ordered for the bottom of the pool. As they were getting ready to put them down I noticed that the colors of the mosaics were not the color that I ordered. Argggg :hammer: . I called the lady I ordered them from and she said that she said that the company she ordered from sent the wrong ones and that even though she has had them for three weeks she never noticed that the color was off. I then called my pool company and they said that if I wait to re-order the correct color, it will delay my pool being finished. My mosaic person said that if I wanted to drive 30 miles to her shop and pick up a different color all together she had one in stock. She said that she would throw in a star fish for my effort. So... this morning I drove 30 miles each way while the installer waited at my house and picked up a different color plus the free star fish. I also purchased two more star fish because I thought that one didnt look like enough... I know.. SUCKER!

The guy is installing them now and then on Tuesday they said that they are going to do the coating on the inside of the pool. I am hoping to be swimming by this Sat. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Also, the screen is finished. It looks really good but what kind of ticked me off was that 1. It took a week to do when lots of people told me that it should have only taken three days at the most. 2. They fabricated everything at my house in my front yard. I heard that was really unusual. Now I have lots of little metal shavings all over both my front and back yard from where they cut the metal with a saw. Not very safe when you have small children around. :evil:

PoolNewb2011 said:
Yep... I had four umbrella sleeves installed.

Also, the screen is finished. It looks really good but what kind of ticked me off was that 1. It took a week to do when lots of people told me that it should have only taken three days at the most. 2. They fabricated everything at my house in my front yard. I heard that was really unusual. Now I have lots of little metal shavings all over both my front and back yard from where they cut the metal with a saw. Not very safe when you have small children around. :evil:
It is not uncommon to fabricate screen on site. Every project is different and you want it done right. Our screen was fabricated on site and it took 1.5 days to complete. Look at the install in the sig bar. :cheers: :cheers:

Brentr said:
It is not uncommon to fabricate screen on site. Every project is different and you want it done right....

X2

Although I was one of the ones guessing it would take 3 days, they told you it will take a week. Can't be upset they they are true to their word, and can't be upset that they aren't overpromising and underdelivering. Frankly, I thought all of these things were fabricated on-site; most important thing is that they are doing a good job. Fast isn't necessarily good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Fri Aug 12,2011
Woke up this morning and the pool is almost full. Should be full by noon. Pool company told me that they will come tomorrow to put in all the equipment and then we should be able to swim by Sunday afternoon. They want all the chemicals to cycle through the pump and filter on Sat.
Screen peeps had to come back today to do some repairs. We had some flooding in the house yesterday during a rain storm where the screen roof meets my house roof...poured into the top of the door and into my house...argggg
:?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.