Problem with Hayward pump

Jun 2, 2010
My pool is about 32 feet in length and 17 feet in width and holds approx. 26000 gal. I have a Hayward Power-Flo LX sp1580z2 pump. When I went to turn the pump on for the first time this year it just made a humming noise and nothing else. I started reading on what the issues could be and found on a site that this pump is for above ground pools. So if this is true should I just replace the pump with a larger one or try to fix this one. If I should change to a new pump what should I get? Thanks in advance for any help.

That pump is for above ground pools but will also work for in ground pools as long as the pump has a flooded suction (i.e. below water level). It must be since I assume it was working properly at some point. However, this doesn't mean that you need a larger pump and if it was working properly, then you might be able to fix it. It could be just a start capacitor gone bad or it could be the motor itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.