Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Heads

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum Heads

Hi..My pool cleaner does a great job at cleaning the pool, but for those times when I need to vacuum, my cheezzze little vac head does not do a good job. I have to move it "very" slow or it won't pick up and if I increase the suction, it sticks to the bottom (I broke it the first day). I was thinking of getting one of the heads with the wheels (25-35$ range). Seems to me I could increase suction a bit and the wheels would keep it from sucking itself to the bottom. What do ya'll think? Anything I need to know about them before I buy one?
    Thanks..
    Trilogy "Fiberglass" Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    It depends on the kind of pool you have. You need to be careful with a vinyl pool as the wheels can mess up your liner. I do not know the extent but I have read that before.

I have a plaster pool and have a suction vac. My pool does not get that dirty so I use a manual wheel vac to spot vacumn.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the advice..I have a fiberglass pool.. Harry
    Trilogy "Fiberglass" Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi HarryMichael
    I also have a fg pool. The vac head that came with my pool is the one with wheels and it does a great job. I have had it for years with no problems at all.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

5. Back To Top    #5
    I got thevacuum head with brushes with my pool. I just switched to one with wheels, and I like it much better. I have a fiberglass pool too
    16x33 fiberglass pool sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Re: Vacuum Heads

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMichael
    Hi..My pool cleaner does a great job at cleaning the pool, but for those times when I need to vacuum, my cheezzze little vac head does not do a good job. I have to move it "very" slow or it won't pick up and if I increase the suction, it sticks to the bottom (I broke it the first day). I was thinking of getting one of the heads with the wheels (25-35$ range). Seems to me I could increase suction a bit and the wheels would keep it from sucking itself to the bottom. What do ya'll think? Anything I need to know about them before I buy one?
    Thanks..
    Hi Mate,

The best vacuum head for you is definately
    the one with wheels. Just make sure that it
    has a flexible body too...so that it bends in
    the corners.

The one with wheels is actually my favorite 8) 8) 8)

Take Care,

Michael Silvester