Lack of a tail on the TPC to stir up the debris

May 25, 2010
Fairfax Station, VA
My Ray-Vac finally died and I am looking for a new pressure side cleaner. Seems to come down to the Polaris 360 or The Pool Cleaner. I like the fact that the TPC has few moving parts. My concern is the lack of a tail on the TPC to stir up the debris on the bottom and put it in suspension so that it gets filtered. The Ray-Vac tail stirred up the debris and kept the bottom clean. Does the TPC get the fine debris off the bottom and into suspension? During the summer, this is more of the problem than leaves or large material.

There is no booster pump, just the Jandy Energy Filter in the return. I need a cleaner that does not run off a booster pump, hence the Polaris 360 or TPC. My only question is which is better for my needs. I like the fact that the TPC has limited moving parts. A cleaner with many parts like the Polaris can become a headache and expensive. However, I want to know if the TPC stirs up the bottom dirt/debris enough so that it can be filtered out. I find that the fine dirt accumulating on the floor is more of a problem for me than the leaves (at least during the summer which is the majority of the time). The Ray-Vac has a whip tail that moved around stirring up the debris very effectively.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.