Intex pump disassembly

Ok, well yesterday afternoon I switched the pump on and bumped the impeller by hand and it started spinning. I switched the pump off and on several times to see if it would continue to start on its own and it did. So, I put everything back together, hooked it to the pool and turned it on. It was pumping, and the SWG was working, but the pump/motor sounded awful. It ran for about 2 hours and I went out to check it again and it was not running. No noise at all. Lights were still on on the control panel, but the SWG was off and the Low Flow light was on (because no water was pumping). Now when I switch it off and on, the system comes on and lights up, but the pump does not come on. No noise at all now. No humming or anything. Bad motor?

BTW, there is no trash in the pump, water is clean and crystal clear, pressure is good on my sand filter. Pump hasn't been run in any harsh conditions.

I have an Intex Salt Water pump I aquired from an auction. I have a feeling is was returned because it didn't work - but I don't know for sure the case. When the unit comes on, after "working" you here a whirring noise - but the impeller does not spin. I took the front off and it spinds freely. I proceeded to remove the top control panel portion and found a wire connected to "moto" and the other end just dangling. There is two spots - one you can see in the pic says test and the other photo shows the other empty spot labeled "J1". Any idea if that is the problem or intentional?

On picture two you see the wire - look under directly to the left of the wire with "electric" written on it and you'll see the empty connector (not visible lettering) "J1"

IMG_0820_1.jpgIMG_0824_1.jpg

Well I decided to try it and it fired right up. Guess they forgot to plug it in. Nevermind! :)

Yeah, that was supposed to be plugged in as you found out yourself! LOL!

In order to take the unit apart, you have to unplug it as a 1st step (the housing cannot be removed from the pump motor while that's connected)... someone must have taken it apart prior to you acquiring the unit, and didn't plug it back in when they reassembled it. Hope it's working well for you!

- Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.