Compupool wiring question

Jun 9, 2010
Pearl, MS
My SWG showed up today! It came set to 220V - I need 110. I haven't opened the unit yet, but changing the jumpers seems simple enough. Here's my question - the power cable is just bare wires; green, red and black. For 220V, my guess is the red and black are the hot leads. What about 110V?

In the US we use a little different terminology. Red would be L1 (or Hot), Black would be L2 (or Neutral) and Green is ground. On 220 volt split phase systems like we have here in the US there would be no neutral in this situation.

Thanks for the help! Another question; the manual shows connecting the SWG to the pump timer. Seems like you would need to have power to the SWG all the time for it to retain its program memory. Do I need to have a constant power source and just set the SWG timer to come on during the pump run cycle?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.