moving my equipment

Jun 30, 2009
I am replacing my pump with a new one the old one has problems but I am not replacing the filter, I am planning on moving my equipment from the side of the pool (above ground) to about 10 feet away but due to several timing problems i seem to not have a lot of time to work on it so i was wondering if i can go ahead and bypass the sand filter and just leave the old pump connected to the pool (in order to keep the water moving) go ahead and move the filter to the new location and finish the plumbing as far as i can and then disconnect the old pump or will it hurt to go ahead and just disconnect the pump and filter and then finish the plumbing, i guess i am asking because i just opened my pool and its not fully clear yet I am sure its the old pump because it is sucking air and causing my water to foam I would hope it would only take a few hours to get the filter and new pump moved but it something unforeseen happen it could be the next day ... has anyone done something like this before, any help would be great ..... THANKS

The only downside to what you propose is that while you'll be moving the water you won't be filtering it. Since you'll still be circulating it you can add chems even without the filtering. However if it's just going to be one day you really don't need to add chems unless you're shocking. In that case, you should do as you propose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.