Is this too much for now?

I am upgrading my 15'x48" Intex pool pump system from the junk 1000 gph to a sand filter system. I can get the 2100 gph or the 2650 gph for only a $10 difference in price but the issue is that either filter system is big for my pool. BUT, next year I plan on upgrading to the 24'x52" Intex pool, which will need the larger pump system.
I plan on plumbing it for dual intake, one from a thru wall skimmer and the other with suction down near the bottom of the pool. I will use ball valves in the system to limit/restrict the flow so I can make either pump system work. My question is, because of my planned upgrade, which of the pumps will be best for the larger pool? Is the 2650 gph even too much for the bigger pool or would I be better to just have the larger capacity, period?

Haulinbass02 said:
I am upgrading my 15'x48" Intex pool pump system from the junk 1000 gph to a sand filter system. I can get the 2100 gph or the 2650 gph for only a $10 difference in price but the issue is that either filter system is big for my pool. BUT, next year I plan on upgrading to the 24'x52" Intex pool, which will need the larger pump system.
I plan on plumbing it for dual intake, one from a thru wall skimmer and the other with suction down near the bottom of the pool. I will use ball valves in the system to limit/restrict the flow so I can make either pump system work. My question is, because of my planned upgrade, which of the pumps will be best for the larger pool? Is the 2650 gph even too much for the bigger pool or would I be better to just have the larger capacity, period?
The 2100 gph and the 2650 gph sand filter/pump is the same exact system and will be just fine for your pool. Under normal conditions the system pumps about 2100 gph but can go up to about 2650 gph with less psi in the system. If you are planning to upgrade to the 24' x 52" Intex pool check out my build Backyard Build in Central Texas. My build show almost everything you just mentioned. So I know it can be done. I have the 2100 gph sand filter/pump on a 24' x 52" Intex pool and it works great.
:cheers:

Just got it in today!!! Now I have to wait for my next set of days off to get started :cry:. BUT, I'm getting my parts list together and will gather everything I need to hard plumb the entire thing up. So to have everything plumbed up right I need 1 1/2" pipe for the entire system correct? I plan on doing everything, hard plumbed in from the new thru-wall strainer, second intake with a pipe down to the bottom for filtering down low, hard plumb the filter and SWG back to the outlet with a valve for my fountain/cooler. Anything I've forgotten?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.