My brothers pump just went out

Feb 21, 2011
My brothers pump just went out on him and he needs a new one. Not sure what size it was but know it was very old. His pool is plaster 30000 gallon rectangle with 4 returns 2 skimmers and one main drain. With 1 1/2 in pvc. Need some help with what size pump he should get.

Re: Another DIY Build

allybuck64 said:
My brothers pump just went out on him and he needs a new one. Not sure what size it was but know it was very old. His pool is plaster 30000 gallon rectangle with 4 returns 2 skimmers and one main drain. With 1 1/2 in pvc. Need some help with what size pump he should get.

Hey Buck :wave: You ought have started a new thread for this in the "equipment" area :wink: A lot of folks who have the pump knowledge might not see it in your pool build post. :)

Let me see if I can get one of the MODs to separate this and start up a new thread for you in the right area :cool:

[edit]THAT WAS QUICK!!!! Thanks Dave or Jason :goodjob: [/edit]

Unless he has a spa and/or water feature, he could really go with as small a pump as possible. A two speed or variable speed is also an option to save money on energy costs. It really depends on his budget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.