Pump pad slightly below water level?

Jun 29, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm getting a small exercise pool installed. I guess some might call it a spool. It is 8 x 17 x 5. Once you remove the volume taken by the steps and bench it is only about 3900 gallons.

I am getting the pool installed raised slightly. The water level will be equal or less than 18 inches above ground. I just now realized that means my equipment pad and equipment will also be slightly under the water level as well. This had not occured to me until I was reading another post about pads below water level.

Is this something I should worry about? Should I consider raising the pad and equipment above water level?

IMO, don't worry about it. Like in the other thread this may mean a few extra valves, but it's no different than dealing with an AG pool and your volume is quite small, so risk of losing a ton of water is not that great :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.