pool is green

Hey Paul,
Lets attack your readings one at a time (more or less)! :)

FC, as Zea said let it come down on it's on.
pH, With a FC of 22.5 your pH reading is most likely not accurate. Begin aerating to bring it up a little.
TA, By aerating to bring the pH up you can add acid whenever it gets to ~7.8 to bring it back to ~7.2 and that will in turn bring your TA down.
CH, Zea has a good suggestion there. If you can find some Cal-hypo you can use that to chlorinate until you get the CH where it needs to be.
CYA, If your pool is in full sun you probably want a little more CYA in there but be careful not to over do it (but you already know that).

Just attack things one at a time and you'll soon get things into balance.

Hi zea3,
Here is the hard part to understand. We have the hardest water in the world here I think. The calcium stains everything so why it is low beats me. I will look for calcium chloride/calcium dichloride but doubt it. Ordering things to send here is cost prohibitive shipping is high and the CR Gov. taxes the stuff to death.

zea3 said:
Hi Paul, you can let the FC come down on its own. Don't worry about the TA unless you are constantly having to lower the pH. The CH needs to come up to 250. See if you can find any cal-hypo granular chlorine or calcium chloride/calcium dichloride. Is it possible to order online and have items shipped to where you can pick them up?

Still need help. As you can see I made aerators and installed 6 weeks ago.
All my numbers look fine to me but my pool is still green. This is getting very frustrating and expensive. Can anyone help.
Readings this morning
FC 13.2
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 120
Cal 225
CYA 60

Attachments

• IMGP1530.jpg
    IMGP1530.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 46
Here is my on going problem. The only chlorine available here is trichloro and that is running my CYA up. What I don't understand for, 4 years I have had no problems to speak of and changed nothing . This year I have drained and refilled the pool and kept the levels where they should be and still have a green pool.

With care or luck you can get away with using trichlor as long as nothing goes wrong. But once something starts to go wrong the CYA level just goes up and up and there is no easy way to recover from that.

Is bleach available there? Regular household bleach is the same thing as liquid chlorine, and a very good way to add chlorine to the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.