PoolCleanerMom

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
SF Bay Area (Lamorinda), CA
Looking to replace current pump (or motor) with something more energy efficient as our electrical rates here in CA are pretty high in the summer. specs on our current pump are in my siggy. Pool is old-style 1960's vintage with one skimmer and one return and we suspect that the previous owners probably shut off the main drain b/c it has the old-style noncompliant cover - (including this info b/c I'm not sure if this setup affects the amount of time it would take to turn the water over). Suggestions? thanks

Hi PoolCleanerMom,

I changed my pool pump from a single speed to a 2-speed pump last year. Living in Connecticut we also have very high electrical prices. So I was curious about how much I would save and the saving was alot!! I saved over $125 a month from previous summer!!

I upgraded the Hayward Power Flo Matrix 2 -speed 1HP pump.
I also upgraded my timer to a Tightwatt 2 digital timer.

Here is their website: http://tightwatt.com/index.html

I think it was a big help because the timer adjusts the filter usage for different times of the year.
I also have a SWG which I set up to run during the low speed running of the pump as reccomended by the timer company.

Hope this helps
Pete

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.