Totally novice and new build!

volito

Mar 4, 2011
Ok just bought a house in PA and going to put a pool in the near future and starting my research now. Site looks awesome and a lot of info. I guess I'll start with the real basic question which is probably asked millions of times... What type to get..I see most people go with Gunite is this the best pool construction in the long run?

Second Chlorine, salt or ioniser...."from what I read ionizer looks good and can save money in the long run on chemicals" opinions on what you would go with?

I guess then I'll show a link to a few types of pools that I like and we can build it on paper...ETC equipment and everything else that goes into a build....

PS..I been researching companies and going to get estimites and understand the down payment and payment plans....right now need the pool experts :)

Thanks in advance

I put in a vinyl pool because I did it myself. I would have put in gunite had I hired out my pool build. I installed an ionizer when I built my pool and it did not perform for me. I have since then converted to the BBB method and have a sparkeling clean pool. I am sure that someone out there would argue in favor for the ionizer (the guy who sold me mine) but it did not work for me. I think you will see the majority of the people on this site do not recommend ionizers. From everything I have read here SWG work well.

Thanks for the reply.. personally I think I am going to go with the Gunite seems to be what most people have or like. I guess it last longer and is overall the best type....Unless I'm missing something! basically guess I want a pool that's going to last a long time and the least amount of maintenance and repairs on type of construction "and equipment"

ok been reading more and noticed someone say they all require about same care and maintenance "after gunite initial install maintenance". FB is limited in depth and trucked in and gunite is for larger free forms..So I guess I need gunite because I most likely want free form and beach like walk in style..

So Gunite is type "thanks for replies"

Next choice.....Chlorine, salt or ionizer?...definitely see most have chlorine and most people I know have chlorine and one person with ionizer "ioinzer person seems happy" is SWG "salt" an add on feature to chlorine and work together? or a totally different system and salt water like ocean? "I read that salt can be a bit damaging when splashed on outside things and corrosive inside...

sorry for questions that probably repeated million of times here but trying to read and post at same time. Also get experienced opinions.

ok finally after all this time got two estimates that come in about the same, actauly one is a bit lower and offering more. So far going with a free form gunite 600 sq ft salt water pool.

But still not sure which company to puck as reviews are all over the place A&s or BH both claim there biggest and best :)

One of the most confusing large purchases I have to make in my experience...House, cars,boats,land at least you see what you get before hand...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.