Misting System

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
Does anyone have a misting system installed in their yard?

My landscaper is running the water and lighting runs next week. We deleted a planter box adjacent to the pool for several reasons: I didn't like the way it interrupted the flow of the pool, I didn't want debris (rocks, dirt, etc) tracked into the pool and I don't want to take a chance of root intrusion into the pool. Instead; I'm going to have the landscaper run a water line to the location and we can install a couple drip lines to feed potted plants. We can move them, replace them or just have nothing in that area of the pool.

This got me thinking about a misting system or other kind of sprayer at the same location. I envision a separate water line that can be connected and disconnected from a sprayer. Has anyone done anything like this? Or seen it somewhere?

Maybe something a little more high-tech than this

Attachments

• Mist.jpg
    Mist.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 168
I visited Seville in Spain last summer and all the cafes had little misting jets in the canopies outside. Very refreshing, some were even scented, but I've not see them for sale anywhere. They were linked together with what looked like micro-irrigation tubing and came on every minute for about 5-10 seconds.

Are you looking to have "personal" mister(s) or are you trying to envelop a patio cover? What is your weather like, if it is humid then misters are fairly useless. I have my patio enveloped with about 45' of misting with a pump for added pressure. It works great in Las Vegas because of the low humidity. I am using Bigfogg components that have been in place for about 3 years, which is better than expected in our climate (my opinion). Hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.