Replacement T-Cell-15 is there an AFTERMARKET

Feb 14, 2011
My Aquarite-Hayward/Goldline T-Cell-15 salt cell quit working last year. It was approximately 4 years old. I took it to my local pool store and they said it didn't work anymore. Its winter and now so I'm just buying time - but I'm looking at any suggestions on replacement. Prices I've seen have been in excess of $500. If you need any more specific information (model number off unit) I can get that off the cell and post it - I don't know how many minute variations there are? Thanks all for your expertise and advice.

The way an aftermarket cell is sold cheaper is because less protective coating is put over the blades and as such the cell won't last as long. Also we've heard of serious damage occurring to systems from after market cells. I think you may even find a thread or two on TFP about this.

the coating on the cells isn't protective, it acts as a catalyst
less of it means it's going to get used up quickly although it depends on the technologies used. sometimes more coating applied incorrectly can degrade much quicker than less coating applied correctly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.