DIY umbrella sleeve - concrete deck not yet poured...

Jul 11, 2007
Nassau, Bahamas
We are redoing the decking of our already existing pool. They will be pouring the concrete soon and I would like to install 2 inground umbrella holders. Unfortunately where I live I cannot find anyone who sells them, nor do I have time to order them and have them shipped to me. I considered using some PVC and various fittings to construct one. I was hoping to get some feedback from TFP from anyone who has experience with this.

What is a good depth to go? I have one offset umberella and a regular centered umberealla. Both are pretty standard sizes. Would it work to just put some PVC into the ground and affix a coupling to the top of the pvc and then us an end cap that is removable for when we do not have umbrellas set up?

Our main concern is we would like the capped "hole" to be as flush with the concrete deck as possible to avoid any tripping or eyesores.

I appreciate any adivice you can give me!!

Thank you
Eileen Hill

8" of 1.5" pressure rated pipe (sched 40). Tee the bottom, extend the bottom for 6" each way and orient it so the off-set umbrella has the Tee for support. Set it on landscape cloth and , cover the Tee with another layer of cloth to keep stuff from clogging the pipe so it can drain. Cover the Tee with gravel and pour the cement. Cut flush. Done.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.