New Pentair IntelliChem pH and ORP Control System

Zephyros

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 24, 2009
Southern California
Hi Everyone,
I've decided to go with Pentair Intellichlor Salt Cell and the IntelliTouch controller when I redo my equipment pad this spring. I just found that Pentair is updating their Accutrol line to integrate with their IntelliTouch controllers, they call it "IntelliChem" and will be available at the end of February, according to their tech support line I called, here is a link to a video I found about it:

New IntelliChem pH and ORP Control System
http://innovationlab.pentairpool.com/vi ... ph-and-orp

Even though it is new it really is just an update of the Accutrol products, since they bought Accutrol. Has anyone heard of the IntelliChem or any details about it? Does anyone have any experience with Accutrol equipment, pro or con?

Thanks, Tom

PH control is available from a number of sources and most of them work very well. I would assume the Pentair version will be similar. All brands of ORP control tends to have quirks and problems in outdoor residential pools, such that they are almost never worth the trouble or expense.

Hi Scott,

Great, we look forward to hearing more, while your there would you mind asking them a couple of questions.

Two weeks ago I called Pentair Tech Support about the "Smart PH" single sensor controller (as I was leaning towards a single PH sensor as Jason suggested). The guy told me they were coming out with an updated "Smart PH" version that would interface with the IntelliTouch Controller.

I called back yesterday to try to get more information and the guy I spoke with this time tells me about the new IntelliChem, dual sensor product, PH & ORP but seemed unsure about the updated "Smart PH" version.

So I'm not sure if they were both talking about the same or different products, could you please ask about this while your there?

Best Regards, Tom

Hey guys,

I am a custom pool builder in pa (kinda new around the forum) and I have been beta testing an Intellichem for some time now on an indoor pool, and it truly is amazing. I spent some time in the pentair booth today at the AC show and talked to their head engineer, and he confirmed the product is shipping at the end of feb. It communicates and controls their saltwater cell, and in a few months will have full reporting and automation through their automation systems also. I've had really really good luck with my beta unit.

tony caciolo
www.monogramcustompools.com

Hi Tony,
Great to hear you have actually used the IntelliChem. What features does it have that caused you to say "it truly is amazing"

What has been your success with the ORP sensor, has it been finicky or stable? Since it is an indoor pool, I assume you may not have any CYA in the pool, which I think I heard can cause some ORP problems, have you seen any related issues with the IntelliChem?

Also, what are you using for PH Control, a Stenner Acid Tank / Pump or what do you have the IntelliChem connected to?
Best Regards, Tom

I've used an autopilot auto ph orp system at my personal house since they day they were released (actually...a little before that.) And it has worked well...but I've had a few sensor issues and a cracked sensor housing. but overall, I give it a 9/10.

The pentair unit has only been in operation for a few weeks, and it is a beta unit. But, the build quality is terrific, the cell housing is extra thick, and they are NOT using the Cat sensors. Also, the set up wizard is super intuitive and the whole unit "just worked" even though one of my employees who has never worked with one installed it. I went over to tweak all the settings, and there was nothing for me to tweak!

This system also ties into their screen logic, so you can have remote ph/orp readings and adjustments over any web connected pc.

Tank...it will either come with a tank and pump or not. my unit came with a pump installed (actually installed in the control panel) and a 4 gallon pentair branded tank. On the systems we are going to install, I will be using larger roll a chem or stenner tanks, as we want more than 4 gallons.

Pentair states off the record that the orp sensor works fine with cya of 30-50 but they suggest keeping it 30. this indoor pool had none. My pool with the autopilot has been running at 40 for 6+ years with no prob.

I've got a video of pentair talkign about the intellichem on our facebook page. www.facebook.com/monogramcustompools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.