I have a Compool cp3800. Recently the indoor controller started buzzing. I took it off the wall and unplugged it for a while and plugged it back in. It worked fine for a couple of days and started it again. When it is buzzing, the screen goes blank. Any ideas what is wrong?

The first thing I would do is take unplug your controller from inside of the house and take it down to the power center at teh pool equipment. Open up the left cabinet with a Phillips screwdriver and there should be a short telephone cord in there to plug in a control panel like the one in the house. Find the spot on the circuit board for plugging in the cord. Plug your indoor controller in and put the system back to Auto. If your controller lights up and works properly then the communication that runs from the house to the power center outside is broken and needs to be replaced. You will need to pull a whole new line of telephone cable. Try that first to eliminate the comm cable.

I did as you directed. I took the CP 3600 out to the control box, unplugged the existing cable from the jack and plugged a new cable into both the control box and the CP 3600. I got an err 4 (unable to comunicte). I tried a different cable and each or the jacks in the control box and the 3600. I made sure that I used the proper cable also. not the standard phone 4 conductor cable.

I believe there is a diagram on the inside door of the outside control box down near the bottom, on the sticker. The sticker is a picture of the pc board. it is there to show where things plug onto the board.

If you put both ends of the cable (the plugs) next to each other, the colored wire on the left of the plug should be in the same spot on both plugs. In other words, if there is a blue wire on the left of the plug, then the other plug should look identical.

Here, look at this.
The phone cord will have the blue on the other end on one plug. The image below shows the compool cable.
IMAG0215.jpg

Did that make sense??

I rewired a telephone wire and plugged the indoor unit in directly to the control box. It worked. I then came inside and plugged it in. It did not work. It appears that the wiring is bad.

After it was plugged in in the house for about 10 min, it beeped and came on. This is what it had been doing but after a while it will start beeping and shut off. I wll wait for it to shut off again plug it in outside gain before I start replacing wiring.

Thank you very much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.