Looking for a 'better' pool test kit box

May 28, 2010
I know most people are thoroughly satisfied with the TFTestkits box for their pool testing kits. I'm looking for something that will accommodate ALL my testing supplies a little better. That would include ALL the testing reagents including for testing salt content PLUS a speedstir PLUS additional testing tubes/vials. I don't want something too big, but just big enough with a little room for expansion.

Re: Looking for a 'better' pook test kit box

Look at a decent fishin store. Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, Cabela's or something similar. Plano makes a large variety of boxes like the one the TF-100 comes in, some deeper, some double-sided and other variations. You can probably find something you'll like.

I got an awesome clear plastic box with moveable and removable dividers and a securely closing lid at Hobby Lobby. They have lots of different one in art supply stores.

I agree with the Plano suggestion, they make tackle boxes in different sizes, the one I'm using is just perfect. Bring a reagent bottle when you're shopping to make sure it fits. Also some Plano boxes are reconfigurable, they come with little plastic dividers. I think I may have posted a picture of my Plano here somewhere a while back.

I use the Taylor K-2006C kit. The main reason I got it was for the box it came with. Its large enough to hold all of the test reagents, testing tubes, and my speed stir. I also like it because it holds all of the reagents uppright. I actually think that you can just buy the replacement box from Taylor. That may be an option if you already have all of the reagents.

K_2006C_500x375.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.