Digital Answering Machine with ability to Preview Caller

susa

Oct 31, 2010
Deep South
perhaps a coffee bar topic but still part of increasing enjoyment of pool deck area.

would anyone have a recommendation for a panasonic digital answering machine that allows preview of listening to the caller *as the caller starts to speak and as the message is being recorded* ?

do not confuse with caller id.

basically the goal is to listen in on the first few sentences realtime as the message is being recorded which enables ability to press the speak button on the digital remote phone handset.

salp,

perhaps you misunderstood.

assume you are 50 meters away from your house, in the woods/pool deck/garden and you have the remote handset in your pocket.

a call comes in and your handset lights up and gives an audible signal. you are NOT ABLE to listen to the caller without pressing speak which IS NOT what the goal is. I want to be able to PREVIEW the caller message, same as if I sprint back to the house 50 meters, open the sliding door, rush in to kitchen and barely hear the end of .... click.

one must be standing right next to base unit to be able to hear caller words but there are handsets that have this capability.

all clear now ?

susa said:
perhaps a coffee bar topic but still part of increasing enjoyment of pool deck area.

would anyone have a recommendation for a panasonic digital answering machine that allows preview of listening to the caller *as the caller starts to speak and as the message is being recorded* ?

do not confuse with caller id.

basically the goal is to listen in on the first few sentences realtime as the message is being recorded which enables ability to press the speak button on the digital remote phone handset.

Based on what you said ^ here, I made my comments. So yes, to answer your question that would be a good option. If you buy one, let us know how it works out...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.