Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Portable pool vacuum/filter system

1. Back To Top    #1

Portable pool vacuum/filter system

I made this the other day for doing pool cleanings. Each year more and more customers ask us to clean the pool at the opening. I used a 1hp hayward superpump. A hayward c500 single cartridge filter, 1.5" plumbing, 2 unions, a 3-way valve and a cheap $30 hand truck from Homedepot. I installed the 3way valve so we could either vac the pool through the filter or out to waste. Guess we could use it to drain a pool too if we had to. Just figured id share in case anyone was interested in making one. I couldnt figure out a way to mount the filter to the cart so i just used a rachet strap and it worked out perfect!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Portable pool vacuum/filter system

I like it. Simple, but perfectly functional.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree perfectly functional. With a little creative plumbing you could sit the filter on the cart, but as long as it works for you who cares,
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I like it, thought of doing the same thing myself.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's a link to some other ideas, if anyone is interested: http://www.poolgeniusnetwork.com/forum/ ... uum-setups

6. Back To Top    #6

Good job, Kevin

The ones I've played with in the past (and NONE of them were a pool companies) had welded a plate for the filter to sit on, and bungied it to the handcart.

If you know a welder, that might make the filter a little more secure

If you don't mind my asking, how much was the rig you set up? (I'm thinking of making something similar and would appreciate an idea of how much it would cost)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Good job, Kevin

The ones I've played with in the past (and NONE of them were a pool companies) had welded a plate for the filter to sit on, and bungied it to the handcart.

If you know a welder, that might make the filter a little more secure

If you don't mind my asking, how much was the rig you set up? (I'm thinking of making something similar and would appreciate an idea of how much it would cost)
    whos kevin? lol lol

Ill PM you. I get all equipment cheaper then online prices since i own a service company.
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by simicrintz
    Here's a link to some other ideas, if anyone is interested: http://www.poolgeniusnetwork.com/forum/ ... uum-setups
    Link ask's for password. Looks like i good site. Just signed up
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Heckpools
    Quote Originally Posted by simicrintz
    Link ask's for password. Looks like i good site. Just signed up
    It is a good site, Matt, but not nearly as active as this one. It is more geared to those in the industry, unlike this one which is obviously geared towards the homeowner. I've learned more on this site than over at PGN, but I do check in over there now and then also. You might make some good contacts there, and you will recognize a few from this page there as well.

10. Back To Top    #10

How do you wire the pump to accept a 12V heavy duty cord? I'm guessing it needs to be a three way cord?

Any suggestion would be great!

11. Back To Top    #11

Great set up, looking for something like this to vacuum after soda blasting tiles. Where is the top pvc running to and connected to.

12. Back To Top    #12

Hello hope all is well, would you be able to provide directions and parts needed to put one together just like this one. What size pipes are needed and the types of unions, valves etc. I already have old Hayward pump that i would like to utilize as pool vacuum pump for in ground pool. also if you can provide close pictures of this units I would greatly appreciate it. This image does not show the top portion of the fillter and rest of the white pvc piping. Thank you in advance.