best place to buy a pool cover

erock bought the right size tarp cover. In our area, tarp covers need 2-1/2 feet of overlap. Snow loads can pull on a cover's edges.

I haven't found leaf nets to be anything more than a PITA. I have found it easier to use a scoop net or pool cover rake to clear debris off a tarp cover.

In addition to the sand, crushed and process concrete, stone dust, etc..., that makes the bed that the pavers sit on, sand, preferably polymetric, should be swept and vibrated in the spaces between to prevent lateral movement. Sometimes, pavers need to be re-sanded to replace that which has blown/washed away.

Hand pounding anchor in pipe assemblies with a 3 lb lump hammer takes a toll on the tampers since they are normally milled aluminum. Have extras. Using a ground rod driver on a rotary hammer drill in straight hammer mode works better and is easier.

The initial installation of a safety cover is not for the feint hearted. This is especially true for pools that have a free form shape, pavers, stamped decks, raised spas and bond beams, or other special features. The typical homeowner is not likely to know how to get out of trouble or equipped should Murphy's Law come into play. In most cases I have been to, the costs of my services quickly ate the savings.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.