Correct test kit?

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
I am switching to BBB, carefully. I purchased a test kit at Leslie's today. I am not certain I have the right kit, since the product packaging of the kit I purchased does not match the link from the 'Test Kits Compared' article.

This kit is named 'Complete Poolcare DPD Test Kit' supplied by Taylor Technologies, and includes tests for Chlorine, pH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, Cyanuric Acid. This sounds like a kit that will work.

That's the DPD kit it's the Leslies version of the K-2005. What you need is the FAS-DPD complete test kit. It must say FAS-DPD or it isn't the correct kit. Return the one you have and get the FAS-DPD if they have it in stock. If not you can order the K-2006 or the TF-100 online at TFtestkits.net

If I bought this same kit, how long does it last before I need to buy refills? Do I need to buy new refills every year (ie, how long can the kit set)? Just curious how that works as I would want to not invalidate my testing by using something that is too old....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.