Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MY PSI GAGE BLEW UP, WHAT DO I DO

1. Back To Top    #1

MY PSI GAGE BLEW UP, WHAT DO I DO

OK i was just sitting out by the pool then all of a sudden i here this POP and then a woose sound, it is the gauge it completly blew off, the last time i checked the psi it was 22, close enough to normal for me, but i cant run the filter with out water gushing from the top of the filter, so i can't run it and STUPID LESLIES (dont ask) closed 10 min early and i couldn't get a new one in time, will having my filter off all night and most of tommarrow hurt, i have a clorinator that needs the pump to run to supply it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Can you switch your multiport if you have one to circulate? That would bypass the filter.
    Inground Grecian 20,000 gallons vinyl liner
    Hayward 250 BTU Propane heater
    Hayward DE Filter
    1 HP Northstar Pump
    Spill Over Spa

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays
    Can you switch your multiport if you have one to circulate? That would bypass the filter.
    i never thought of that i just did, will circulate be ok for the time being, my pool is cloudy because i put some chemicals in today, so i guess it wont clear up untill i get a new psi gauge.

4. Back To Top    #4
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

Probably not worth it now, but Walmarts all carry those gauges in their pool/seasonal sections. I carry an extra one here, they always seem to act up and give inaccurate readings.

5. Back To Top    #5
    no i went to my pool guys store, pools by baxter and got one, tanks for letting me know for the future