First post, first pool. super ROUGH plaster, please help!

You spent all that money building a new pool and now you are going to go look for an "acceptable" test kit at the pool supply :shock: :hammer:

Get a real kit (you know where to go, and you can find the info on the page and in many folks signature!) so that you can do it right.

Consider yourself admonished! Now go to your room (without any supper!) until you get one and do the right thing :whip: :goodjob: :cheers:

simicrintz said:
You spent all that money building a new pool and now you are going to go look for an "acceptable" test kit at the pool supply :shock: :hammer:

Get a real kit (you know where to go, and you can find the info on the page and in many folks signature!) so that you can do it right.

Consider yourself admonished! Now go to your room (without any supper!) until you get one and do the right thing :whip: :goodjob: :cheers:

i'll order the kit this afternoon. sheesh. :cheers:

after the test today (comments, actions):

PH 8.2 (High, added 1 gal acid)
Alkalinity 100 (ok)
Hardness 675 (high)
Stabilizer 70 (ok)
Free Chlorine 3 (ok)
Total Chlorine 3 (ok)
Salt 3350 (ok)

Bravo, Bravo. You will understand why we push you to get the kit. It makes all this SOOOO easy.

Before long you will be wondering why "other people" have all these difficulties with their pools.

The plaster was polished a couple weeks ago and felt really nice, as it should. it has started to get a little rough again, although not nearly as rough as it was. i have not received my test kit yet, but look forward to it. The pool company is coming most every day now. apparently, their goal is to get the ph to 7.2...

after the test 9/9/10 (actions):

PH 7.6 (added 1 gal acid)
Alkalinity 90
Hardness 330
Stabilizer 70
Free Chlorine 2
Total Chlorine 2
Salt 3100

after the test 9/10/10 (actions):

PH 7.4 (added 1 gal acid)
Alkalinity 90
Hardness 340
Stabilizer 70
Free Chlorine 4
Total Chlorine 4
Salt 2980

As Scott mentioned...you may want to bump up that FC 2-4 range is too low for CYA of 70. Also...keep an eye on your salt level. I sure hope you do not have a water leak that is being masked by an autofil device, as the salt level has consistently decreased....but perhaps you had a lot of rain recently?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.