Installing stairs with stair pad.

mtw826

Jun 4, 2010
MI
I recently bought used stairs from someone who was getting rid of their pool. These are the exact steps- http://www.lumi-o.com/index.php?lang=en ... t=stairs_5 . The stairs came with a 4’x5’ stair pad to protect the liner. I now have the stairs installed but without the pad. The pad wanted to float and when I put it underneath the steps the corners would raise up in the front of the steps. Besides looking like Crud you would be catching your feet on this all the time if I left it in there. My question is, how important is that step pad? The stairs don’t seem to have a very abrasive bottom and I don’t think it will be an issue to not have the step pad in place. Is there anyone that has experience with these step pads that could tell me whether or not I need to use it or how to get the pad to lay flat on the bottom of the pool. I don’t want to wear out my liner prematurely either since we just had it installed this year. Any help is appreciated.

I have a set of Lumi-O steps and don't use a pad under them. I can't see any damage after a year of use. I sanded the bottoms of them smooth before I put them in the first time and I think it helps.

I wrote a post about how to fill the step insert for those too if you want to read it. Search for Lumi-O and you should find it.

Thanks Bama, Yeah I didn't think it would hurt anything but figured I would ask the more expierenced pool people. I did check out your post on filling the insert, sounds like a good idea and I am going to try it. They are coming up about a 1/2" in the front when no one is standing on them. You can't really tell unless your looking for it though. I also have them mounted to the concrete which helps. Hopefully after I try your trick to fill the insert they will sit flush to the bottom.

Mitch

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.