Need help with "MacGyver" pool vac.

Jun 4, 2010
I have ordered an Intex Deluxe Maintenace Kit from Amazon to get the skimmer and vacuum for my 18'x48" Intex pool. This is by far the best price I have found, but they are out of stock and I am stuck waiting for them to come back in stock or pay more somewhere else. In the mean time I could continue to use the garden hose vac to clean the bottom and hopefully suspend the rest so the filter can get it, but what is the fun in that?

What I would like to do instead is use one of my old Intex pumps (from prior pop up pools) and maybe a garden hose to "MacGyver" up a vacuum to use while I wait for the other vac. Do you think a hardware store would have a fitting that could connect a garden hose to the pump? If I could do that, I could use the garden hose vac head that attaches to my extension pole to suck up the stuff on the bottom. I could vacuum to waste or run a return hose back into the pool.

This is obviously more of a fun project than a practical one. Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.