no longer contemplating

7:00 pm readings
FC 14
CC 1
pH 7.5
TA 130
CYA 0

I haven't added the CYA yet. I'm getting ready to do that now. Was able to get new skimmer sock. If I'm understanding correctly, I can just make additions into the skimmer basket using the sock. The pool calculator (thank you Jason!) says to add 4lbs 8 oz. I have 4 lbs so I will start there. Please advise if I'm on the right course. I've had a little delay, a pesky tornado warning and all the wind and rain that goes along with that sort of thing. Hopefully I will be able to get out to the pool tonight to get things going.

Today has been much better weather wise. :whoot: No tornado warnings, 60 mph winds or torrential downpours. My FC was at 4 this evening but CC was 0.5!!! Hopefully tomorrow we'll see the same.

Should I wash down the steps with a bleach solution before putting them back into the pool?? We've already cleaned the solar cover. I don't want to set things back at this point.

Wiping down the steps down with a dilute bleach solution before you put them in is a great idea, but you don't have to do that if they are put in while the FC level is still up near 15 and you haven't added CYA yet.

We passed the overnight chlorine loss test yesterday so I started putting the CYA in already. I've added about 3/4 of the amount needed. I guess I'll go ahead and clean them up before my husband puts them back in. I think we're closing in on being completely converted, our water is clear and we've passed the chlorine loss test. One more day of .5 CC and we're done!!

:party: We have passed the final test. :party: Our CC was 0.5 again today. I am so excited that this has gone as well as it has. We've spent about $88 on bleach but I know it will be worth it in the long run. We used almost 50 gallons of bleach. I still need to wipe down the ladder with a bleach solution and get them back in the pool but otherwise we are done.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone here for the help and encouragement. This would have been a much scarier undertaking without your advice along the way. Special thanks to TF Test Kits. Dave went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything was alright for us. I will definitely recommend them to everyone I know who has a pool. :goodjob:

Thanks again. You all are the best. :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.