Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fitting removal

1. Back To Top    #1

Fitting removal

Need to remove the fitting where water returns to the pool. I have removed the outer ring and eyeball, no problem.
    I need to remove the fitting that all of that attaches to . The directions for my pool cleaner says to remove these so that I can hook it up.

It is a Polaris Turbo turtle. There is about an 1/2 inch of threads showing , I have tried channel locks . The guy who installed the pool last year recommended one of those grippers ( like for mason jars ) so I put the channel locks on it and tried. No luck.
    He said its not glued in , but I am beginning to wonder. Any ideas ????
    Above ground 33 ft round 52 in. high
    Approx. 25000 gallons
    Hayward Dreamline Sand filter holds 250lbs sand
    Hayward CL-200 chlorinator
    Hayward 1.5 hp 67 GPM pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fitting removal

They make a tool to remove the eyeball holder. Check with your local pool store and see if they have one in stock.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I asked the installer that question last year and called the pool store owner also , even checked with the local pool store last week and they all say " oh you just have to grip it and it will unscrew "

Well show me how ???

I will try searching on the web .
    Above ground 33 ft round 52 in. high
    Approx. 25000 gallons
    Hayward Dreamline Sand filter holds 250lbs sand
    Hayward CL-200 chlorinator
    Hayward 1.5 hp 67 GPM pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I recently removed my eyeball fitting for the first time in 5 years. It was tight! Also I had a ring that screwed tight to the wall of the pool. Once I loosened it the fitting loosened as well and I was able to remove both pieces from the return. The fitting went through the ring and screwed into the wall of the pool. If it just doesn't budge you may be able to find and adapter that will connect the Polaris to the return fitting.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!