Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going to a 2 speed motor

1. Back To Top    #1

Going to a 2 speed motor

I'm looking at changing the motor in my Sta-Rite 1hp Duraglas pump to a 2 speed motor. Is it ok to just change the motor, or do I need to buy a new pump? There isn't anything wrong with the single speed motor, except the electric bill . Thanks for the help.
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going to a 2 speed motor

As long as the new motor will mate to the pump end, it's perfectly fine.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Going to a 2 speed motor

Cool. Thanks for the help, I've found the right model of motor on AO Smith's website. Now I just need to find a way to buy one and get it to Guam without costing me more than the price of the motor for shipping
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html