Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shocking and Filling!

1. Back To Top    #1

Shocking and Filling!

Hi! It's been a while since I've been here, but a green pool will send you back everytime!!

I'm in the middle of 'shocking'. My water level is getting low. Everyday, it's been looking like we're going to get a big douse of rain, so I haven't added any water. (In my experience, adding water from my tap only means a DELUGE from the sky!!) But we've not gotten any.

My water is now at the bottom of the tile line. Do I need to wait until I'm back in balance? (Done shocking??) What if we DO get the big rains? Keep testing a shocking? When SHOULD I add?

Thanks...
    Kathy
    Sunny SW Florida! Uncaged Free-form IG pool, Pebble-tec finish, 20,000 gallons?? (Beach entry/tanning ledge is 9' x 9'; it's free form 37' x 19'. Depth 3 feet to max 5.5 feet. There's also an attached spa with spillover: 6 foot radius. Anything else?)
    Prologic computerized thingie with SWG; 1.5 hp Hayward II Super pump, cartridge (i think) filter. (Hubby contracted the whole thing...so I don't have a detailed list on what we've got!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Shocking and Filling!

I wouldn't worry about the rain - you can't control what might happen, only deal with it if it does...
    Go ahead and make sure the water level is where it should be and begin the process... even if it rains that shouldn't affect anything too much - it would have to be inches and inches for it to affect the chemistry.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Shocking and Filling!

Alright...I'm going to go flip the switch right now. (Look out SW Fla, here comes the rain!!) I just didn't know how much my adding water would affect my Cl numbers as I test and shock.

Thanks!
    Sunny SW Florida! Uncaged Free-form IG pool, Pebble-tec finish, 20,000 gallons?? (Beach entry/tanning ledge is 9' x 9'; it's free form 37' x 19'. Depth 3 feet to max 5.5 feet. There's also an attached spa with spillover: 6 foot radius. Anything else?)
    Prologic computerized thingie with SWG; 1.5 hp Hayward II Super pump, cartridge (i think) filter. (Hubby contracted the whole thing...so I don't have a detailed list on what we've got!)