Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confused on which Goldline model to get

1. Back To Top    #1

Confused on which Goldline model to get

New Above Ground Pool going in on Wednesday and I am now considering an SWG.

After spending almost all day reading on the forums it seems like a Goldline model would be a good choice and relatively moderately priced with fairly straightforward install.

I have seen several different model #s and I am not sure what I need to get.

Pool is a 27' Round Above Ground Pool (i.e. just shy of 20k Gallons)

From what I am reading here I should get something that should handle double my capacity in order to run the SWG less.

I should mention that I have a Waterco T450 Sand Filter and Waterco 2HP Aquarite pump.

I should also mention that my equipment is about 50 feet from my pool (i.e. that's the pumping distance). Not sure if that matters or not but thought I would toss it out there anyway.

Please advise.

Thanks

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confused on which Goldline model to get

I suggest the Aqua Rite designed for pools up to 40K. The 20K model will probably work, but the 40K unit is less likely to have any problems and is a better deal in the long run since it will last longer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok so is it the same actual system but I need a different cell (ie a 40k cell)?

Greg
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

4. Back To Top    #4

The T15 cell and system for up to 40K gal.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmm,

$400+ difference in price between the 18k and the 40k, yuck.

Greg
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Compupool CPSC24