Census Poll on Intex Users

I've had no issues with my 16' round intex ultra frame using the pump/cartridge filter setup that came with it. I run it 8 hours a day, usually in the late afternoon to night, and stay on top of my fc levels to make sure the never go below the recommendations.

Started with an Intex 12' X 36" pool about 7 years ago, have since moved up to a 24' X 52" standard frame Intex AG pool, dished 8" in the middle for a faux pax deep end. I have been slowly, over the years, adding proper equipment to it, most noticable improvement came by adding a 19" sand filter with 1 hp pump. I have a couple of intex swg's which are jerry rigged with a 12 volt battery charger for power since the rectifiers in the "brains" just don't last, so I control run time with sand filter pump to keep FC up. I added a DPDT 110 v relay on a half hour timer this year to reverse polarity to the SWG and it is keeping the salt cell clean as a whistle so far. I also added a "pool house" this year just to free up space in the garage as floaties and pool supplies were taking too much room in my garage.

We are on our 5th Intex pool (22x54) Ultra frame. We love them! We are purchasing a new one this year as the saltwater tends to rust out the legs (since it's not much more to purchase a brand new one as opposed to purchasing new poles).We have upgraded to a sand pump and have the SWG both which have made pool maintenance a breeze!! Would love to have a dedicated Intex page....

I just purchased the INTEX Ultra Frame 14' x 42" pool at Walmart for under $200. I live in the desert and need something with water in it to throw myself into when the temps reach 120 degrees. I was wondering, should I buy a different filter pump (it comes with one in the box but don't know if I need a better one) and also I am clueless about chemicals and all.. What starter set and testing kit should I buy? I'm on a budget so I need to find a kit that is not too expensive.
Thanks!

This is my 4th Intex pool. But 1st ultra frame 9'x16'x52", w/ sand filter 1st as well and I love it! I am not sure but I believe its a 1500 gph. Easy to use, once I understood it. The ladder is extremely dangerous! I literally paid more for replacement steps inside and out with a gate, than I did my pool! ? But that was our choice. I think an Intex Fourm would be very helpful.
Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
Hi , I plan on putting up a 26 x 52 round this spring/summer. My pool is made coleman it is reaaly the same by different manufacture.. I can use any help/tips people can give . Especially on the water filling. I am on a well with a neutralizer. so I think the iron that is removed enough should not be a problem

I have a 12' by 24' intex ultra frame pool and this summer will be the sixth year for it. I had two previous intex pools with the balloon ring. I absolutely love my intex pool and I think a dedicated forum would be great. I always start the season by coming to TFP to see if there are any new pictures of landscaping or piping or decking to check out and get new ideas. I live in Ohio and I do not take my pool completely down in the winter. I drain it down below the skimmer and remove all hoses and the pump motor. I cant even imagine trying to take it completely down because of the weight. I built a small deck and last year I bought a set of steps from craigs list for fifty dollars. That was a great addition for us older folks and some of my heavier friends. Looking forward to a great summer.

I have a 12' by 24' intex ultra frame pool and this summer will be the sixth year for it. I had two previous intex pools with the balloon ring. I absolutely love my intex pool and I think a dedicated forum would be great. I always start the season by coming to TFP to see if there are any new pictures of landscaping or piping or decking to check out and get new ideas. I live in Ohio and I do not take my pool completely down in the winter. I drain it down below the skimmer and remove all hoses and the pump motor. I cant even imagine trying to take it completely down because of the weight. I built a small deck and last year I bought a set of steps from craigs list for fifty dollars. That was a great addition for us older folks and some of my heavier friends. Looking forward to a great summer.

I live in MI and also do not fully take my pool down. I do as you do and it has worked well for me for several years now.

Didnt your pool come with 2 black plastic plugs? They fit on the inside into the inlet/outlet ports.

Or maybe a solid rubber ball slightly bigger than the hole would work.

Or, you could lift your old pump to above the water level of the pool, open the air valve, change out the pump and put it back on the ground {let the air out!}

I picked up my first pool last week. An Intex 15x48. I was having problems with getting air out of the SWG so I did just what you said. Plastic folding table with a crate on it, put the pump on the crate, and when I unhooked the hoses I used metal spring clamps to hold the hoses to the frame above water level. Worked perfect.

Attachments

• Spring clamps.jpg
    Spring clamps.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 117

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
POOLSKIM QUESTION: We still have the OEM pump that came with our Intex and I just dropped $100 on a PoolSkim. I've spent about an hour reviewing the forums and checking PoolSkim's 'tips' area of their site for how to rig this thing for our Intex. DH is going to be the one doing it, so I want to have all the parts, etc. ready to go for him.

Has anyone done a PoolSkim hack? If so, can you shoot me a link to where you found your instructions? For the life of me I can't find the right information.

As an aside, I've noticed people saying that when they upgraded their pumps, it was easier to skim by hand. Maybe I should return this thing and put the $100 toward a new pump? Suggestions appreciated.
Did you ever hook up the PoolSkim?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.