Jandy Deck Jets complete vs. nozzles only installation

We have the same Jandy deck jets referenced in this thread. Ensure you have enough water pressure to put the stream where you want it. We have an Intelliflow VS3050 pump and our four jets are in the concrete approximately 18"-24" from the water's edge. They are plumbed 2 to a line and can be isolated in pairs (left/right) by ball valves. The ball valves give us all of the control we need and typically, the kids are the operators anyway. At 3000+- RPM, the jets arc up roughly 8' - 10' and overshoot the 16' wide part of our pool. I'd say they cover roughly 20' of ground although we've never measured Be advised, water going high and far into the pool will add a fairly loud waterfall sound to your poolscape. Experiment using your water hose to get an idea. Since you are installing them into the landscaping rather than under concrete, I'd also suggest glueing things together above ground and trying it out to test your placement before you bury it.

I was just reading some others talking about it can get loud, especially if your close by trying to relax and talk. I wanted them for the "waterfall sounds, but not the price. I am beginning to think it may be nosier than we want. Our pool isnt in, just got the kit delivered yesterday, so unfortunately I cant test it out.

On a side note I have been debating the interfab T7 diving board waterfall feature...I really just want the relaxing sound and was thinking the deck jets would give me that, but starting to think otherwise.

Our jets are close enough to the pool that we can run them lower and get that sound you are looking for. The kids like them shooting across the pool so there are 4 giant arches of water over the pool that you can swim under. The giant arches are cool for parties, but they can be loud when you rae in the pool. We really like ours and would do it again if we were installing a pool.

I did a pool remodel and installed 2 of the aquaarch jets in my pool deck. I ran a 1 1/2 PVC pipe from pump house to the center of the side pool deck that I installed the jets. I put 1 in each corner of the pool. From the 1 /1/2 pipe I installed a T in order to come off with my 3/4 pvc. This made the run the same distance to each jet. I installed a Jandy valve at the pump house to controll the flow to the jets. Worked fine.

This way you can use one valve since the run is equal.

Where does the water go that drains / splashed back down into the jet housing. I assume it will drain under the concrete deck. Sounds like a bad idea over time. Is this a problem. Getting ready to buy a set of 4 Jandy Jets.

[Bump]

Does anyone have pics of their pool with these running?

We're deep in construction (pre gunite inspection today, gunite shooting tomorrow) & I'm getting ready to order a 4-pack of them & want to make sure the effect is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Mark

Our pool builder has pix of our pool with the jets running day and night time on his site. http://Www.Nagypools.com look under pool pics and installation to see the jets in action That will give you a quick look. You might also search YouTube and find some videos that are helpful. I highly recommend you use a variable speed pump with them because it makes it really easy to control them. We also have ours on manual ball valves and at high pump speeds we have to restrict the flow to keep them from overs shooting the pool. We can get the effect of anything from a small arc up to 8' plus and all the way across the 16' width onto the concrete.

Some folks mention wanting deck jets for a waterfall effect. We recently added a slide and the water from the slide also adds a really nice waterfall effect. It is much softer than the deck jets sound.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.