Clear Water, high CC

Your water looks fairly good. It looks like there might be something on the bottom of the pool, but it is difficult to see in those pictures.

If you post a full set of water test results that would help us understand what is going on.

PH 7.6 last night before I brought back to shock level
CYA 70
TA 190 a week ago. I am planning on working on this after I get CL back to normal levels. It was 80 at opening (according to pool store) and they sold me the amount of balance pak 100 to get it here, helpful aren't they.
CA 290 not too worried about this
FC 13.5 last night before shock
CC .5

I also have borates in the pool. I do not have a way to test it but pool store said 18 at opening and I added 20lbs of optimizer plus. Haven't had it checked again.

There is nothing on the bottom of the pool

Did the overnight test again.

FC 28.5 last night, this morning 25.5 CC still<.5. I didn't believe it had gotten worse so I went and got another sample and tested again this time I put a scoop and a half of powder in since the first test with one scoop was a lighter pink to start. I know this is not supposed to make a difference. This time I got 27.5 which if I read right passes given my CC<.5 and my water being clear. I am a little bothered about two tests 5 minutes apart being different by 2 with the only change being the amount of powder added. What do you think?

:) I tried that too, different tests a few minutes apart. Although, mine came out lower the second time. Giving me a drop of 3 FC.

I shocked one more day, and got a genuine drop of only .5 FC. I didn't think I'd ever see it, but I did. You can too. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is possible to add too little powder and get a result that is lower than actual, especially when the FC level is relatively high. While your FC level is that high, I would add some extra powder just to be sure. Adding extra powder, within reason, is not a problem and does not affect the result (except that you use up your R-0870 eventually).

BTW, on the high CC. I was showing my wife how the test kit worked, and tested our tap water. No FC (didn't expect it to) but 1-2 CC! And that's the same water I topped off my pool with. Means my FC had to fight with the hose water to lower the CCs. But I got it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.